Friday, January 4, 2008

Mount Kinabalu climb And my 3 attemps to scale Gunung Ledang

I achieved this expedition in year 2002; with my office mate. But there is nothing to shout about! While recalling the 3 times attempts; failing to scale the Gunung Ledang! during my school days! Malu juga!
GUNUNG LEDANG
First time i was with my scout friend,about 6 of us( hope i am right).The tent was borrowed from Muar 1 st Ranger (SAB).It's kind of two pieces tent,it has got to clipped on to make up a tent.I was with ChowCT,Quek,LeeBC,Leeky and NeoBH.Wu and Kama were fast and reached the top first,waving at us ;the climb to the top (later we were told how near it was!)is about half hour. At that time Quek got a muscle pulled and i rendered my assistant to him( rubbing using my saliva-he had no complaint).The sky was getting dark and we gave up the climb.
CT Chow and i went out to search for water to cook but we only managed to get a bottle of raw water from a plastic bottle hanging on the branches; I am not sure how long the bottle was there! The water source was far, i had no choice but to take it! Sorry huh Puteri Redang !
The night was cold...our maggi was hard...the pork rib-can food was cold too,no fire...the wind was strong. We slept directly under the cloud with a single sided of the tent...the cloud was flowing passed our head! The sky was VERY VERY clear that time! But very cool...luckily there was no rain.
My 2 nd attempt was with Bok Seng,Peh,Ah Heng,Gok Kim,Kim Hua,Ah Fen,Kim Kek and a few more guys.I was the leader then; but fail to the recognised the trail route to the top due to the fallen leaves covering all the trail! Really mysterious! at last we decided to follow the water way to the bottom-Air Panas camp area.I blamed the "All ghost Festive day"-during the climb day was coincide with this date. (NO PICTURES WAS PRODUCED-DUE TO DISTURBANCES FROM ALL SOULS DAY) My 3 rd attempts Group
My 3 rd and the last attempt was with my Singapore brothers.
Half way through the climb,they ( what can i say?) decided to hide the haversacks and climb empty handed! We managed to reached the place where i last stopped. So disappointed...in a few months later my brother sent me a picture of his "achievement" with his other group! I boycott him that's why no picture of his "achievement"is shown here! haha.

3 comments:

CT Chow said...

Remember that night we manage to hung each others to keep warm without a tent,only used the half "ponchon"for blanket,too bad we have to choose to be with Quak or reach the peak.I still think we make the right decision that night to stay along our 'injure" brother.
The water we got is really "dirty" , not sure how long it has been there,or what type of water it is, but thank God we get to use it for cooking "maggi". Fortunately no snake bugging us that night too due to extremely cold temperature.

Don Yoo said...

Surprisingly you still remember the incidents!Do you have copies of those Pic?

Anonymous said...

this gunung ledang heard about it long time ago but got no chance to try lah ,if anybody ever organise a trip to climb please donot forget me .