Saturday, January 26, 2008

Lousy & uncaring service from Astro

I received a notice from Astro asking me to fill up a form in order to enjoy a free Astro magazine (AstroView) for a year if not I’ll have to pay for the cost of the magazine at RM 3.88 per copy. To my disbelieve, from the form, i found that the information which they wanted was ridiculous!! They want to know every damp thing you have ,you own!! You just see how I filled my forms!….
I got a bad experience with Astro sometimes back…; below was the actual content of the letter that I sent to them:
“>>>>>To: wecare@astro.com.my. Subject: Termination of existing Astro a/c and Applying New a/c-Due to faulty decoder
Dear sir,
I have an Astro a/c with your good self since 15/3/2001( After purchasing a Proton Waja car) My monthly payment was through direct debit credit card. I have no outstanding bill.
Lately, I encountered problem with my astro decoder. I made a report to Astro on the 7 January 2006 but the problem still persist until today; whereby I decided to cancel the old a/c and wanted to apply a new a/c ; this report was recorded today by Mr. Aaron of Astro.
I wish you could kindly consider my application of termination existing a/c and allowing me to apply new a/c bearing my name.
I had contacted the local Astro agent to facilitate the installation of the new set by this week end. As I had not been able to enjoy the Astro viewing since 7/1/2006 ; I wish you could kindly do some payment adjustment from 7/1/2006 till today, 24/3/2006 .When my new decoder is activated the adjusted subscription bill will be credited to settle the outstanding bill the new a/c. You kind understanding in this matter is much appreciated.
Thank You <<<<<” Finally I got my check after a few months of “Football game”. I was trying to locate the photo copy of the e mail letter (Found it!) that I wrote to them showing a full list of names of their staffs who had “played football” with me during that period of my suffering..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well ,they are running a monopoly business just like tnb ,sybas and others their atitude is take it or leave it and we just have no choice. it is just too bad my understanding is there is no other company that can provide the channels that already provided by astro so how can other operator servive ?? i heard the one that related to berjaya already go bust ???

Anonymous said...

Astro is a monopoly of multiple channels and programs from many countries,the company can afford to "play football" with subscribers,unless you are a big shot from government agency. my advice is terminate your subscription now before your big bucks gone, since you are consider quite fortunate this time, you will not the next time, many people had complaints about this company.

Anonymous said...

Just termunate your a/c and save your monthly subscriptions. Go to internet TV and it's free. Check out tvkool or pps stream. Enjoy countless channels and the best part is it's free.