Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Massage Places

Look at this advertisement! It was tied onto a lamp post along the busy junction in Section 14,PJ. just in front of the traffic junction le! I can see that there is no MBPJ approval number on the ad. So daring...
Let's see how long will this unauthorized ad last.As i observed, it was there for the last two days. Mana lu MBPJ? Tak Nampak kah?
In Malaysia,one can see many of thhese kind of advertisements all over the places; all sort of ad like: Ah Long,TV repair,properties,Astro,refrigerators repair,washing machine repair,lorry for rent,house/room for rent and many more...there are every where: on the road side,tree ,lamp post,vacant shop lots,staircase way,road kerbs and so on....

Currently, I am managing 6 properties for others and plus one mine own house-No service charge;they are all my brothers',my close friend's and my mother's properties-If you need some copy of the std rental agreement you can e mail me and for a small sum of fees lesser than Karpal Singh's std charges. I always put up my ad at the 7-11 outlet and it is free of charge,convenient too.
A few years back, my dear mother-70 plus,was conned by a ad pinned on a tree trunk-a washing machine mechanic came and took away the 10 years old "Benn Meyer" washing machine to repair.The estimated initial costing was about rm 160.00 and when the thing was sent to the repair shop in Puchong ( this was the place mentioned to me during the conversation with the mechanic); a phone call came asking for rm 650.00!! wow! Thai Lang huh ( HOkkien-Killing people) I made the deal with him through the phone and he still didn't want to accommodate a fair price.
Finally after some discussion with my mom and she agreed not to deal further and just cart the old machine there and didn't pay a single cent for it.That man got upset and willingly reduced the rate but we were not interested any more and were happy that someone helps to take the scrap away but i can sensed that my mom is not soooooo willing to part with her old steel buddy-a reliable brand-From Show Road to Bkt Maluri and then to Kepong Perdana! In fact i did tell the man that he was trying to con an elderly woman...With a mere rm 650.00,i could have got myself a new machine!
The moral of the story :"don't get con by an ad on the tree trunk huh!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

who need mbpj permit ha? just look at the numerous along flyer and advert on tree ,lamp post ,walls etc.

Anonymous said...

Aiyah... I was quite excited when I read "massage places" and thought I could change my old massage place "Hoong Hoong" in Bukit Bintang... Alamak... it is not to be so... Moral of the story " Do Not Get The Man Type Excited Or Else... he really got to go to Hoong Hoong..."

CT Chow said...

advertise on lamp post pretty much tell you what kind of business it is, normally it is unprofessional or con man scam will do their marketing in this way,it is a non-brainer indeed.