Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Banana Shrimps ( Flower Shrimps)

This tank was given to me by my mother about a few months ago .I knew it was originated from my brother's house.Just now at about 10 pm,my brother and his family dropped by to hand to me some dragon fruits from Kluang, Johor.
I invited them to see this tank that they had given away...and to show the boys how i have transformed it into a beautiful tank again! To my surprise...actually this tank was a birthday gift to King Tze-The elder boy! Woh Ho! my my...Do you Want it Back,KING? (by all mean-you know)
Yesterday i added a new species in this tank-The Banana Shrimps ( Flower Shrimps) I bought 4 ekor for RM 20.00.Below was a few pictures taken from the web.
In this tank i have two American miniature frog and the rest-can't remember all its name.Later may be i will write it down.
Pic from the web
Pic from the web
Pic from the web
Pic from the web

Pic from the web

Flower Shrimp

Come in different colored versions. They are very good at blending into the woodwork. They also look like they could catch fish.

Flower Shrimp Factoids

Origin: Singapore

Sexual Differences: Males larger

Maximum Size: Two to three inches

Temperature: Bothered a lot by cooler temperatures

Climber: Thigmotactic. Likes planted tanks.

Substrate: Thigmotactic. Hates bare tanks.

Security: Likes planted tank. Camouflage colors.

Foods: Filter feeders -- micro-algae, infusoria, micro foods.

Threat: Big fish and medications containing copper

No comments: