Friday, December 14, 2007

An Organ Donor

"A GIFT OF LIFE "
I am an organ donor since 28/4/1997. I pledged and signed the declaration form to donate organs under the National Kidney Foundation Of Malaysia.I was once a regular blood donor( Donated not less than 20 times-What about you?) But since i saw the newspaper report on the mishandle of needles in hospital...i became a bit kia See.
My "Heart", "Lung", "Kidneys", "Cornea", "Liver" and my "Bone" (though is not written on the donor card) are all to be donated and harvested after my sudden death.Of cause What!If you think when i am 80 years old i would want to part with them huh? No Way Man...Anyway No one will need the old engine lah.
Heh you!! why sooo Stingy! do it while you are young.At least you are proud that somebody still using your parts as a spare one...Try come back as a ghost and try doing the trick of eye popping out from the recipient(Cos he got your cornea)...Haha boleh ke?
That's why believe me when we are gone our parts all turn to ashes le...No ghost no revenge no more lah.Personally i'm quite reluctant to donate monies to charity but i would render my services to them if needs arises( so far non yet).Cos BO lui ma but can only give organs.Hey Mind you! do you think you can really give away your organs so kind like me mer?
Frankly i donot trust a lot of charity bodies outside.There will be somebody out there with bad intention and greed ( Sorry! dont comment me huh...this is MyStories) See yourself in the newspaper;cases of misused funds, swindle cases...never end lah!
I think doing a bit deed to the society is our duty in this life.And i can tell you that i'm damp bloody proud to be one of the donors.Anyway my aim is to live pass all my deceased grandparents' (73 & 69) and my dad's (73) age.and my target age is 80 Years Old. Sorry My daughters will not agreed that!! but i will stay out in my own hat-No lolo-soso no more.
It is a challenge to me and i must strongly believe the so called "hereditary sickness" in the family can be kept at bay if one willing to be modern,live healthy,eat healthy and do away with all the unhealthy family traditional cooking and not-so -good-habits then i think we are quite safe to be considered as the healthy living new generation and further more with the good medication ;so we could expect to live a little bit longer then our forefathers.

3 comments:

CT Chow said...

The health of individual depend on several elements like genetic makeup, environment one live in, life style and diet or combination of those, to be healthy, one need to adjust the controllable factors above like eat less fattening food like trans, saturated fats,sugar and cholesterol, exercise regularly, do away with smoking, stay away from polluted places,etc..

Don Yoo said...

Yes,I do agree to you my friend.You points are good and direct.Nowadays the young women/girls smoker are increased tremendously.You can see more fat adolescent now when compare to our time. Too bad huh?

CT Chow said...

the price of one paid for full commercialization in every developing country if effective planning and wisdom is not in place.