Monday, September 7, 2009

Proton Waja Why so bloody cheap now???

Waja Campro 1.6 Premium (CPS) comes with either a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 4-speed auto.
It has electrically foldable remote wing mirrors, front seats with three-way adjustable headrests (up, down and tilt), leather seats all around, a gated automatic shifter for the automatic transmission model, new center panel switches, a keyless trunk remote system, ABS brakes, dual SRS airbags, fog lamps, twin tailpipes and projector Xenon headlamps with automatic headlamp levelling.
The interior features a new meter panel and a new Clarion head-unit capable of playing CDs, MP3 files and WMA files.
The new price tag for the Waja Campro CPS Automatic is only RM 64,000.00.Besides ALL the PLUS listed above; The sales man promised me a free full tank of petrol, Free full cover of tinted sun block film and sand blasting car number on the car window be given free to me if i book a waja now...and the delivery period is 3 WEEKS from the date of booking.!!!! SO BLOODY CHEAP & FAST DELIVERY YA!
8 YEARS AGO TILL TODATE ONLY INCREASE RM 1,000.00!!!
I BOUGHT MY waja way back in 2002 and i paid for RM63,000.00 for a BASIC unit and WAITED for SOLID 8 MONTHS !!!!! The sales man was "LanSee" too!
Now after 8 YEARS; the car is sold at RM 64,000.00 AND with ALL the PLUS AND right now the waiting period is only 3 WEEKS !!

WHAT HAPPEN?????

During these 8 years with the car:-

1) There was a recall to replace the break pump,

2) I had changed 7 to 8 times for the head lamp bulbs (whereas my Kembara never change once!)

3) I had to change my head lamp's wire so that the light can function well-If not it will easily go "one eye Jack "

4) Both my rear door handle were broken before.
5) I have changed my front power window 4 TIMES; Just last week i changed both front side of the power window;I changed it in MUAR which cost me RM 340.00.This time the man told me the power window gear is made of steel now!! And he even warned me not to use the rear power window often cos in the market there is no "steel gear" yet!
6) I find that the car has too many "Plastic" product which does not last...
7) After 8 years ( In fact it started much earlier) the front lights are dimmer then Kembara (7 years old).I got to use high beam on certain stretch of highway. I believed i was being scolded;though i can't hear it!!

THE GOOD POINTS FROM MY 2002 MODAL ARE :-

1) 4G18 engine for from Mitsubishi
2) 195 MM WIDTH TYRE
3) REAR SEATS ARE MORE COMFORTABLE THEN
"TOYOTA VIOS"

The juicy tales:-
The 2010 model Toyota Camry 2.4L sells in the US for USD 19,659.00 or RM69,396 In Malaysia the 2008 Toyota Camry 2.4L sells for RM170,000.
Toyota Camry 2.4L, 2010 model. RM69,000 in the US Car prices in Malaysia are about three times higher than the prices in the United States.
We are a developing nation. Our land and labour costs are so much cheaper than the US . Why are our cars so expensive? It does not make any sense.
Then here are some car prices from our neighbour Indonesia . The Toyota Altis sells in Indonesia for about RM46,000. The same car sells here for around RM 112,000.

Again we are three times more expensive than Indonesia The Honda Jazz sells here for RM108,000.. In Indonesia the Jazz sells for RM 36,000. Three times more expensive

I was told somewhere in 1989 that a Proton Saga in UK(?) only cost about RM 14,000 to 16,000 !!!ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another piece of "junk" , Donyoo.