Thursday, December 25, 2008

Serom-this was where the rxaxscxxxal was moulded!

When i was in standard 5; way back in 1971 ;i used to come to this community hall on Wednesday night to watch the karate instructor coaching the students there.I was so attracted and thrill to watch the way the stance was carried out!And i went home to copy the act!! This Chung Hwa was my primary school.So much of Sweet and Bitter memories there.I was made a head prefect in std 3,punched a std 4 boy till nose bleed while in std 3,Std 5 took part in singing competition but did not even won a consolation prize ! During Std 6, got no 2 in art competition and i was sent to Muar to compete in an art competition but didn't win any prize..."a frog in the well"haha
I used to go to the drain near the Mosque and the road junction ( From the pic) to catch fishes like sepat,haruan (small one),fighting fish and other small fishes.i was so used to go inside the drain culvert under the road junction (underneath and across!) to look for fishes! My hair then was full of smell and yellow in color! I used to steal monies from my grandma's drawer to buy small plastic toy like the soldiers,armour trunk,cow boy and the red Indian.
I had even tried to cheat the sundry shop owner by changing the "TI Kam" slip inside (But i wasn't to smart then ;the color was different) but i was caught and ran away...luckily no charge! and was never caught!I had eaten laksa plus ais kacang campur and at the end i slipped out from the side door where the was a huge crowd of men gambling at that time and the owner didn't notice me than!Phew...!!I had stole rambutan from the Pak Haji's tree next to the school and was chased out with a parang and i ran and stranded near the jetty ( away from the place and in order to go home i must pass by his house!) for hours...dare not come home;too scare to see him! I have even dirtied the Penghulu's path way (lorong) during my fish catching sessions and i was chased off with a stick!
We used to play at the pork seller's stall and the wet market at the opposite.The Pak Ali was a fierce jaga.At night he will do the rounding to check whether we were there to play or not!; Any way that place was our favorite! Our rented house was just 3 shops away. NO 206, Jalan Serom 3.A Chinese medical shop.The shop's roof was made of attap and upgraded to zinc sheet in 1969-70. It was rented from a Baba family ...I still remembered life was hard and this landlord was very stingy...rental collecting day was a bargaining day for leniency in payment....We shifted out from this place in January 1972 to join my grandpa in Muar but i still continued my std 6 in the same primary school.

No comments: